GUIDE TO THE BIGGEST SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM FOR ADS
Yes! That’s true. We are referring to YouTube, one of the biggest social media platforms in current times engaging almost half a billion traffic compared to the other media platforms. Facebook and Instagram also engage almost 1.3 billion people on a daily basis. Instagram Videos have created the hype in the market as nothing else. IGTV as a new feature added to the platform is serving the best of its purpose when it comes to creating short-story kind advertisements and to design such videos there are various Instagram video editors available in the market. However, YouTube is known for its high quality videos and video ads as of recent times.
YouTube is used by 1.5 billion people and is continuing to grow more. That is more than one third of people who use the internet. People love watching videos and sharing it. On a daily basis, people watch one billion hours of YouTube a day. And this is why it gets really exciting for brands to go digital!
Why should you use YouTube Video Advertising?
We know advertising is taking place on a large scale now and all companies and brands have been running extremely hard in reaching their goal to the top. YouTube is in the industry for years and over these years a great transition has also taken place. Technology has expanded and communication has also become easier. It is a generation of Millennials and they are prejudice-free when it comes to testing different things. Perhaps this is not the reason why you should go for YouTube Advertising, because it is cheaper than Google ADWords. Brands create video ads on YouTube to get the best results.
People rely on YouTube just as much on Google. They have almost the same audience and content they are looking for. Hence, this becomes easier for you as it makes it specific to what kind of audience to target, sometimes even based on their search histories. People will obviously go for brands who know what they like instead of something which is exceptionally bland. Thus, be specific.
The procedure of creating your first YouTube advertising campaign
It is totally fine if you still haven’t started your YouTube Campaign. It is never too late! You can start right away.
- Upload Your Video Ad To YouTube
Log into your YouTube account, click the small camcorder icon on the top-right of YouTube and upload your video by clicking ‘Upload Video’. Fill out all the necessary details like description, tags, title, etc.
- Create A New Campaign in Google Ads
Visit your Google Ads account and log in. If you don’t have one, you can create it with various guides available. After logging into your account, click “All Campaigns” in the left hand sidebar and then click the large blue “+” icon to create a new campaign. You will be given 5 options to select a campaign type:
- Universal App
Select a single goal after clicking on “Video” that you presume to achieve for your business.
For more context, click on the chart below which shows further details about video campaign goals and subtypes. Some of the examples of goals listed are to generate website traffic, brand awareness and reach, product and brand consideration, etc.
- Build Your Campaign
Building your campaign implies configuring it step by step. It goes like choosing a name that describes your campaign. It helps you identify your campaign when you start running multiple ad campaigns in Google Ads.
Set your budget by setting the average amount you want to spend each day.
Choose your start and end dates. Select your networks for where you want your ads to appear. There are 3 options available:
-YouTube search results
-Video partners on the display network
Select your language and location as to where you want your ads to appear.
Select your Bidding Strategy. There are 4 options available:
- Maximum cost-per-view- Costs based on total number of views and interactions.
- Maximum cost-per-mile- Costs based on every thousand impressions your ad receives.
- Viewable cost-per-mile- Costs are based on every thousand impressions if your ad has definitely been seen. For instance if a user lands on your page and bounces off at that moment, you won’t be charged.
- Target cost-per-acquisition- Costs are based on actions taken by viewers, like clicking on your ad.
Choose an inventory type.
Exclude Content step should not be skipped as it could result in branding disaster.
- Select Your Target Audience
It is very necessary to select the people you want to reach. Ads allows you to define who you want to reach by options such as their gender, age, and parental status, etc.
- Choose Your Ad Placements
Select where you want your ads to appear. It is advisory to not leave this option blank.
- Select Your marketing video
Click the link to upload your video if you haven’t done it yet.
- Select Your Video Format
You will be shown the different options available based on the campaign selections you have made.
Make sure to add your URL, CTA and Headline. To finish up, simply click “Save and continue”, and then click “Continue to campaign.”
Congratulations, You just set up your first YouTube advertising campaign!
Types of YouTube ads
- TrueView ads- They are great for businesses and are paid for only when users watch the video for at least 30 seconds. There are two types of TrueView ads namely instream ads and discovery ads.
- Non-skippable instream ads- It is similar to TrueView ads except for the fact that viewers can’t skip the ad. They are unpopular.
- Bumper instream ads- They play before a viewer’s chosen video and must be less than 6 seconds long. Advertisers pay for bumper ads on a CPM basis.
- Sponsored card ads- They appear in the video as small call-to-action (CTA) pop ups. A small ‘i’ symbol pops up in the upper right-hand corner of a video and when a viewer clicks on it, the card expands.
- Overlay ads- These are banner ads that appear along the bottom of videos and are the simplest form of YouTube advertising.
- Display ads- These ads appear in the right-hand sidebar above the suggested videos list.
Youtube truly serves the best platform for advertisers to reach out the audience in a quicker and effective way. Ads allow the advertisers to form better relationships with their customers and invite users to interact. We can’t wait to see what the Ad industry will transform like, in this decade!
Do let us know what type of YouTube Advertisement you are going to start with!