Erectile dysfunction is a disorder that affects many people around the world, and fortunately, it is not infallible. A number of oral medications such as Sildenafil 100mg, are available to tackle the problem effectively. There is a lot of controversy and debate surrounding the safety and efficacy of ED pills such as this one because a lot of people believe that the extremely potent warnings, side effects, and numerous drug interactions of these medications make it impractical for treating any disorder.
However, ED pills like Sildenafil 100mg were first introduced in the market between 1997-199, and since then, they have stood the test of time and have helped in furnishing a large amount of data for other pharmaceutical companies and researchers who have been looking for a permanent cure to this problem. Therefore, we cannot completely discount the role played by pills such as Sildenafil 100mg in this.
In the following discussion, we will first be looking at erectile dysfunction and then discussing the real efficacy of ED pills such as Sildenafil 100mg.
What is erectile dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction or erectile disorder is a condition when a man finds it difficult to get erect or maintain an erection long enough to indulge in intercourse. ED is caused by numerous factors, as mentioned already. Almost all men have some time or the other, experienced that they were unable to perform well on bed in some way- they were either unable to get erect, or maintain their erection or even experience an orgasm. This does not indicate that all of them have ED, of course.
Erectile dysfunction means that all of these happen repeatedly to you on a regular basis, hampering your personal and love life and therefore, also putting your mental health in the way of being content.
The causes behind this differ for everyone, while the causes are mostly medical, they can also sometimes be linked to a person’s mental and emotional well being.
This is why in addition to ED pills such as Sildenafil 100mg, it is advised for the patient to attend mental health classes where he can be properly counselled.
What are the risk factors for ED?
Like all other medical conditions, ED also has risk factors that can affect certain sections of the population more than others. As mentioned earlier, older men are more likely to suffer from ED and other related conditions. In addition to age, other risk factors include:
- An addiction to smoking and using nicotine products: this can cause hardening of the walls of the blood vessels, which can restrict circulation.
- Medical conditions: Certain conditions such as diabetes can also affect blood flow to the penis, leading to reduced blood flow and thus, an insufficient erection. Irregular levels of blood sugar can also damage the nervous system over time, leading to poor cell reception under the effects of stimulation.
- Cardiovascular problems, such as high cholesterol levels and hypertension, can also be risk factors as well as causes of ED.
- Excessive drug usage: drugs damage blood vessels and can restrict nerve signals and also decrease blood flow in addition to affecting sensory response. ED pills such as Sildenafil 100mg work on the movement of blood volume to the penis, thus helping in a firmer and harder erection.
- Excessive alcohol consumption: alcohol can mess with testosterone levels and can affect blood flow. Lowers levels of testosterone can lead to lower sperm count and a lower libido
- Sedentary and inactive lifestyle: This can also cause obesity and diabetes, high cholesterol, and hypertension, which are all classified as the reasons for ED.
- Medical treatments: treatments for cancer, such as radiation, or other procedures like prostate surgery can cause ED.
- Certain kinds of medications: Antidepressants, antihistamines, pain medications, and drugs used to treat heart conditions and prostate problems can lead to ED in some people.
- Injuries: It is possible to experience impotence and/or erectile dysfunction as a result of serious injuries, especially those targeted towards the genital regions.
ED pills such as Sildenafil 100mg can target the blood flow and increase it in order for a greater volume of blood to reach the genital area, which will help in maintaining a longer and firmer erection. This is because it is a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitor. Oral ED pills such as Sildenafil 100mg are quite efficient. These need to be taken at least thirty minutes to one hour prior to engaging in intercourse. It should be remembered that these medicines augment the body’s natural erectile mechanisms, thus, the psycho emotional stimuli which are required to make these drugs efficient are a must to experience a satisfying erection.
Since we are talking about how safe pills such as Sildenafil 100mg are, it is important to know the side effects that can accompany these ED pills. The most common side effects include:
Chest or abdominal pain
Nausea and vomiting
Painful and bloody urination
Increased heart rate
These are very rarely seen in people who take Sildenafil 100mg, and this is because ED pills are made with the aim to help as many people as possible with as few side effects as possible. In case the list of side effects is varied, then a lot of people will not be able to take the pills.
ED pills also come with their own share of warnings. For example, Sildenafil 100mg should not be given to people below the age of eighteen under any circumstance. They should not be taken without the recommendation and a prescription from the doctor, and should not be taken as aphrodisiacs to simply experience a longer erection. These are pills meant to treat erectile dysfunction which is a genuinely bothering disorder, and taking them just to experience a longer erection is both immature as well as dangerous.
In all, it can be said that Sildenafil 100mg is safe to be used if the doctor clears it for you. It can be bought from any local or online pharmacy.