We bet most of you have faced problems where you mistakenly unplugged the USB drive while some files were still being transferred. In doing so, you were disappointed to find that you have lost the pending files along with the ones already transferred. Although it might sound like a lot of hard work coming forward, with the right tips you can still recover your lost files on time.
To relieve you from such a problem, we have provided efficient ways to recover lost files from a USB below. However, of all the recovery options, we advise you to opt for Stellar Photo Recovery if you want a speedy media file recovery.
1. Use Stellar Photo Recovery To Recover Lost Files From A USB Drive
This is the most efficient way of restoring deleted media files from a USB drive without any hassle. Stellar Photo Recovery provides an unlimited range of file format recovery options. This may include file format recovery for JPEG, PNG, RAW, GIF and so much more. It may also help retrieve motion formats that range from MKV, MOV, WMV to MP4. The fact that it is compatible with Windows 7,8, 10 and 11 only adds to the reasons why you should opt for it now. It can also help recover audio and video as per your requirement.
Make a free download of this software on your laptop. Do this by clicking on the Green button right after you tap on to the Stellar Photo recovery button. This needs to be done on the homepage of its website.
2. Restore The Lost Files From USB Flash Drive Using CMD
This is regarded as the simplest and quickest way of recovering data which you have lost on a USB. Here you can opt for CMD (Command Prompt), which is already a part of your Window Installations.
Steps To Follow:
- Insert the USB flash drive into your device.
- Open the “Start” menu, type “CMD”, and select the Enter key.
- Now, type “chkdsk X: /f” along with the letter mentioned on your USB.
- Lastly, type “ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D X:*.*” and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Wait until the process is completed.
3. Use The Feature Of Restore Previous Versions
Restoring previous versions allows you to restore your deleted files without the interference of third parties. However, this will work only when you have enabled this feature beforehand. So, if you do not wish to miss out on the opportunity to restore any file you want during an emergency, immediately check out Stellar photo recovery.
Steps To Follow For Restoring Previous Versions
- Insert the USB drive into your computer.
- Open the “Start” menu, type “this pc”, and select the Enter key.
- Right-click on your USB drive and click on “properties.”
- Go to “Previous versions” and select a previous version.
- Click on “Restore”.
The Bottom Line
We have provided the quickest and most reliable methods of restoring your lost files from a USB drive above. However, if all else fails to work, we are sure Stellar Photo Recovery will save all your media files in a jiffy. Try out now!