UAT (User Acceptance Testing) is a type of testing performed in the last phase of development. This means software will be tested in the real world by the end-user or client. The action is performed just before the release of the software in the market. UAT testing ensures that software is working properly and is ready for the real world.
Users get the opportunity to use the product before the launch to check if any bugs are present or not before the official release. However, UAT might be expensive for business, but necessary to have it. Automating the testing is the best option to deal with the expense of UAT and also make the testing agile. It can be easily done with the help of UAT testing tools.
What benefits of UAT Testing?
Every business is required to run User Acceptance Testing, so your software didn’t have any bugs after the release. Your business has to face a major setback if any bugs will be present after the release. Apart from this, here is the list of benefits that your business gets from UAT.
- It ensures that your software will meet the requirements of end users or clients. Without it, businesses might have to go through rework or delays to meet the end-user requirements, which will increase the cost.
- The cost of identifying effects or bugs increases with an increment in the development cycle. UAT ensures that your business will find the bug in the early phase of development to reduce the cost.
- It also saves your business reputation in the market, as releasing software that will not meet the end user requirement, will harm your business revenue.
- It will help your business to scale as UAT will ensure that software is easy to use for the end-user. Apart from it, UAT provides feedback for future development to stay competitive.
How Does UAT Test Automation Help Business?
UAT brings too many benefits along with them, but its implementation becomes a challenging task. UAT testing tools come into the picture to automate UAT and provide its benefits.
- Efficiency is the biggest concern with manual testing, and automation comes in to deal with it. You can automate the repetitive test cases that become overwhelming with manual testing. It will help your business to save resources and time.
- Cost is the biggest concern for any business, and automation will help you in cutting costs. With the help of UAT testing tools, you can easily automate testing, and your business doesn’t require highly-paid testers.
- Manual testing is prone to human errors, and software might be defective even after manual testing. Automation will increase the efficiency of tests without any possibility of human error.
- Your business can reduce the testing time with the help of automation which will help in developing and launching more products. In this fast-forward era, the business will have the added advantage of faster release and service of software.
- Manual testing is the biggest paving stone for businesses in scaling as it is time-taking and prone to human error. Automation helps to increase the testing process to meet the requirements of the end user. It will ensure your software will reach the masses without compromising quality.
- Automation is required to set up the test script at the start, and once it is done, you can reuse the test scripts for future tests.
How to Pick Testing Tools?
Picking the right UAT testing tools is crucial, and it varies on a lot of factors, such as the project type, testing needs, and skills of your teams. Consider the following points before picking the right tool for your business.
- Start with your testing needs as it changes with the project.
- There are various tools available on the market, including paid and unpaid. Evaluate the features of the tools based on your project needs.
- In the market, there are two types of testing tools available; code-based and non-code based. For the code-based tool, your tester must know the programming language, while no-code tools give freedom to test without any knowledge of programming.
- Vendor support is also crucial to help you document and start the testing.
- In the end, look for a budgeted UAT testing tool.
Automate Your UAT With Opkey!
Opkey is a no-code end-to-end testing solution. Opkey simplifies UAT. With it, you can accelerate your test cases without compromising quality. If your business doesn’t have technical experts or doesn’t want to invest in highly paid testers, Opkey is the best UAT testing tool. Opkey provides easy-to-understand reporting after analyzing, and you will get the debugging logs and screenshots.