The Indian Premier League (IPL) is one of the most competitive and highly sought-after domestic T20 cricket tournaments in the world. T20 leagues like the IPL have proven to be a great platform for players to showcase their skills at the highest level. Every year, this large-scale event, which brings together several of the most promising cricket teams from different cities of India in one arena, attracts the attention of millions of fans of this sport.
Every year IPL develops and improves more and more, providing the audience with a truly colorful show and an exciting spectacle. Within the framework of the championship, there is a large number of competitions between experienced and new teams, each of which is interesting and unique in its way. Loyal fans are looking forward to their favorite teams such as CSK vs SRH to cheer on their favorite and also take part in this important event. You can do this by trying your hand at predicting the outcome of a certain competition. You can bet on the victory of one or another team with maximum convenience and profit on the website or in the mobile application of the reliable bookmaker Parimatch, which offers a wide range of bets for every player, experienced or beginner.
Before this year’s winner is revealed, let’s take a look at the winners of previous years who took the palm and received universal recognition.
Teams that have won IPL cricket
IPL 2022 will be the fifteenth edition of the Indian T20 Premier League. As for the previous seasons, the following notorious teams won them:
- IPL 2021 – Chennai Super Kings won by 27 points. CSK is now the fourth successful team in the IPL after the Mumbai Indians who have won the title 5 times.
- IPL 2020 – Mumbai Indians won by 5 wickets. At the same time, CSK didn’t even make the playoffs for the first time in IPL history.
- IPL 2019 – The winner was the Mumbai Indians, who won by 1 point.
- IPL 2018 – Chennai Super Kings won by 8 wickets. The team returned to the IPL after 2 years, becoming champions in the 2018 season. CSK was chasing 180 runs in the final and they won their third title in history quite comfortably.
- IPL 2017 – Mumbai Indians won by 1 point. The team has kept its core lineup all these years since their first triumph in 2013, which has been a major key to their success.
- IPL 2016 – Sunrisers Hyderabad won their first title in the tournament by 8 points. Then they beat the Bangalore team in the final.
- IPL 2015 is the continuation of the triumph of the Mumbai Indians, who won by 41 times. Rohit Sharma has been their captain in all of these successful campaigns, making him arguably the best captain in league history.
- IPL 2014 – The Kolkata Knight Riders won by 3 wickets to take the palm this season.
- IPL 2013 – This year marks the start of the Mumbai Indians’ triumph in the Indian Premier Cricket League. It was in the 2013 season that they won their first title by defeating the Chennai Super Kings by 41 in the final.
- IPL 2012 – Considered one of the most successful IPL captains, Gautam Gambhir helped the Kolkata Knight Riders win the title in the 2012 and 2014 seasons. KKR won both of these finals with high scores and Manwinder Bisla and Manish Pandey were the two main characters respectively.
- IPL 2011 and 2010 – Chennai Super Kings won the trophy for two consecutive seasons in 2010 and 2011. During those years they defeated the Mumbai Indians and the Royal Challengers Bangalore. Dhoni continued his winning streak in 2011 by winning the ODI World Championship and the IPL title the same year.
- IPL 2009 – Australian captain Adam Gilchrist won the title for his team. The Deccan Chargers set a goal to go 144 rounds against RCB in this game. RCB could only manage 137/9 in 20 overs, thus losing the final 6 times.
- IPL 2008 – Rajasthan Royals became champions in their first season by defeating the Chennai Super Kings by 3 wickets in the final. MS Dhoni, who led the Indian team to the 2007 T20 WC title, was successful as captain in the first season of the IPL and also took his team to the finals.
Let’s look forward to the start of the new season of Indian Premier League Football on March 26 this year to find out which of the participating teams will join the list of IPL winners of all time.