This tool will change Windows 8 Start Screen's background picture.
This tool doesn't modify any system file, it just overrides the start screen's picture.
• You can set your desktop wallpaper as background picture (not support for multimonitor, it just uses the main monitor's desktop wallpaper)
• You can select your pictures from any folder and set it as a sequence of background pictures.
• There is a blur effect available, it is slow and slower on bigger resolutions, but it might work for you.
• Tiles opacity can now be changed (not perfect though)
• You can revert to default background (but you have to disable either gif or slideshow configuration)
• You can choose a picture and select the area to be shown as background picture.
• You can set the StartScreen transparency
• You can set the rows of you tiles (limited by your screen resolution)
• You can run it on startup hidden, so you can see your custom background as soon as this tool starts
• Save configuration to ini file (multiuser configuration if installed in ProgramFiles directory).